Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snowman Cake

I made this cute cake for my son's preschool holiday party.  I am honestly so proud of it, it took about 6 hours total and turned out just as I had imagined it.  The top tier of the cake was chocolate, bottom was vanilla.  I made the little snowmen out of modeling chocolate, which is a dream to work with.  The snowflakes were cut out of fondant and dusted with luster dust (also completely awesome).

I usually make my own marshmallow fondant, but I used Satin Ice fondant, which actually tasted pretty good, I would definitely use this over Wilton fondant again.  The fondant did start to crack from the pressure of the top tier since I stacked the cake the night before.  I think next time I would transport and then do finishing touches.

The cake was a hit, I actually got more of a reaction from the parents then the kids.  So many lovely compliments, it really made my day and all the effort totally worthwhile.

Happy holidays!!!

Photo courtesy of Studio Six Photography

4 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, Corrine! I love it. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very very very cute! Well done, Corrine!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is so beautiful!
    happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...